County Commissioners Approve Purchases of New Servers and Funding for Slip Repair

0

Guernsey County Commissioners authorized the purchase of two computer servers for the county after one failed earlier this month.

“We are currently running on the backup server,” said Commissioner Dave Wilson. “And, we need to have a backup for the server that’s currently running.”

The two new servers will cost $ 17,146, with the expenses paid for by the county building fund as IT expenses, according to Wilson.

Commissioners approved the transfer of $ 36,349 to the Guernsey County Roads Department for slip repairs on Eighth Street Road (County Road 33) in the northern part of the county.

County engineer Paul Sherry said the funding provided a 20% local match for an emergency grant from the Ohio Public Works Commission that was funding the remaining 80% of the $ 102,000 project.

The commissioners also approved an expenditure of $ 3,000 for Rea & Associates to complete the annual reports required for a semi-annual audit by Ohio Family and Children First.

The Guernsey County Department of Employment and Family Services receives funding annually from the Ohio Family and Children First program and Director Kathy Jamiel has met with the Commissioners to discuss the mandatory audit.

Wilson said the decision to use Rea & Associates was made because the company is assisting the county with internal audits.

Established in 1993, Ohio Family and Children First is a partnership involving state and local government, communities and families to improve the well-being of children and families.

In other cases:

  • Approved the dog and kennel registration fee for 2022, including $ 16 for a dog registration and $ 80 for a kennel registration. Three-year non-transferable registrations for a specific dog cost $ 48, while a non-transferable lifetime registration is available for $ 160.
  • A contract with Parnell & Associates for a resurfacing project in Valley Township has been signed. The Cambridge-based company has submitted a low bid of $ 100,730 for the two-part project on Saltzburg Road and Kenyon Avenue in Buffalo. The offer included $ 44,702 for work on Kenyon Avenue and $ 56,028 for paving on Saltzburg Road.
  • A claim for reimbursement by the county maintenance department for $ 295 used to purchase supplies for cleaning and disinfecting county buildings has been approved. The expenses were paid from the CARES law fund.
  • A tender for a project to install a computer-controlled HVAC system at the Guernsey County Courthouse, Administration Building and Sheriff’s Office has been signed.
  • Renewal agreements approved for comprehensive case management and employment programs for the county employment and family services department.
  • The commissioners agreed to share the cost of a technical study for a proposed water main project with the Belmont County commissioners. The study will determine the cost of installing a water line to serve Fairview in Guernsey County and Hendrysburg in Belmont County, which would be connected to a water line owned by the village of Barnesville. The current waterline extends north along the Ohio 800 from Barnesville to Interstate 70. “The village of Barnesville does not want to continue the line as they have enough services for Quaker City and Salesville”, Wilson said. “We accepted the engineering study to get a clear idea of ​​the cost.”
  • A lease amendment between the county and Audiology Services Company USA LLC (Hearing Life) at 407 Wheeling Ave. in Cambridge was approved.
  • Authorized a change in the resolution dated July 14 for paving at Countryview Assisted Living on County Home Road.
  • The Have of Hope can display purple ribbons on trees outside the Guernsey County Courthouse.
  • Appointed Ronald Gombeda and Denny Harding to the Guernsey County Developmental Disorders Board.

Guernsey County Commissioners meet every Monday and Wednesday at the County Administrative Building, 627 Wheeling Ave. in downtown Cambridge. Call the office, 740-432-9200, for more information.

Email: [email protected]


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.