Embraer’s Portuguese unit to support the A-29 Super Tucano

0

Brazilian aerospace company Embraer has selected its Portuguese subsidiary OGMA to support the A-29 Super Tucano for several customers in the region.

It will be the first company in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region to provide support and maintenance services.

As soon as the engagement process, which Embraer has already started, is completed, OGMA will also make future modifications to the A-29 aircraft based on user needs.

Initially, the process will see OGMA receive certification for A-29 maintenance. This will allow the company to generate revenue by meeting the service needs of existing customers.

This will subsequently create other subsequent opportunities for OGMA to continue to strengthen its Portuguese aeronautical cluster.

Once the initial stages are complete, the company will strive to achieve the capability to provide A-29 modernization support for its existing regional customer base.

Originally built for the Brazilian Air Force, the A-29 aircraft is currently used by the air forces and armies of more than 15 countries, including Nigeria, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Angola and the EMEA region.

CEO and President of Embraer Defense and Security, Jackson Schneider, said, “Embraer, together with OGMA in the services area, is preparing to respond to the market by executing the changes and technological evolution required to meet the various assignments in the most efficient way.

In 2005, the 65% capital of OGMA was privatized by the Portuguese government while retaining the remaining 35%.

At present, the Portuguese firm is only able to provide logistical support to the A-29 demonstrator, for which OGMA is the base of operations.

This capability allows OGMA technicians to provide mission demonstrations to future customers around the world.

Related companies

Share.

Comments are closed.