Gwinnett County home fire near Gwinnett Country Club

0

Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said everyone inside was able to get out of the house unharmed.

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. – Lightning was blamed for a house fire in Gwinnett County on Friday, sparking a chilling scene of flames shooting from the roof of the house.

Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said everyone inside was able to get out of the house unharmed.

It sustained significant damage to the rear, upper deck and roof, and a family of five was displaced. They are currently being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The fire department said it happened just after noon Friday at a home on the 3900 block of Gulf Links Drive in unincorporated Snellville. The address is in the Country Club area of ​​Gwinnett.

“When firefighters arrived, flames were visible at the rear of the structure and through the roof. The fire consumed the second floor and attic while causing heavy damage to the first floor,” a statement read. “Residents escaped unharmed before firefighters arrived and no further injuries were reported.”

Firefighters shared photos of the damage:

“Remember to always have working smoke detectors in your home and to practice your escape plan. Make sure your plan includes a meeting place outside the house to help firefighters consider all residents,” the fire department added.

Share.

Comments are closed.