The card of the day belongs to the manufacturer of electric controls Thermon Group (THR). I found the stock by first sorting Russell 3000 Index stocks by most frequent number of new highs in the past month and have a buy signal Trend Spotter then used the Flipchart feature to examine the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter first signaled a buy on 7/28, the stock has gained 23.94%.
Thermon Group Holdings, Inc. provides engineered industrial process heating solutions for process industries worldwide. Its products include electric heating products, such as unit heaters and heating accessories, boilers and calorifiers, control and monitoring solutions, tracing systems, tank heating systems, thermostats, harnesses of tubes and system accessories, as well as ribbons, tubes, immersions, and process heaters; and gas heater products, including enclosed and explosion-proof gas catalytic heaters, gas blowers and gas heater accessories that include regulators, valves, mounting brackets and battery cables. The company also offers specialty products, including CEMS and analytical systems, commercial building products and services, control panels, engineered products, compressed gas cleaning systems, temporary power solutions and snow clearing devices for track and switch equipment; and steam heating solutions including heat transfer compounds, steam heated bundles, steam supply and condensate return lines, steam tracing solutions, heat tracing accessories steam and tank heating products. Additionally, it provides design engineering solutions that include design optimization studies, product selection assistance, and computer-generated drawing sets; energy audit services; procurement and project management services; procurement and project management services; turnkey construction installation; recurring assessment or audit of facilities; maintenance services; and technical support services. The company offers its solutions to the chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, power generation, rail and mass transit, commercial, transportation, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and mineral processing, as well as data centers, semiconductor facilities and other markets through a network of sales and service professionals and distributors. Thermon Group Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1954 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Barchart’s opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and therefore may change during the day depending on market fluctuations. The indicator numbers listed below may therefore not correspond to what you see live on the Barchart.com website when reading this report.
Histogram Technical Indicators:
- 24% technical buy signals but increasing
- 23.70+ Alpha weighted
- Gain of 14.10% over the past year
- Trend Spotter Buy Signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and a rise of 36.82% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 87.72%
- Technical support level at 18.84
- Recently traded at 19.21 with a 50 day moving average of 15.37
- Market cap $635 million
- BY 17.10
- Revenue is expected to increase by 10.00% this year and another 2.60% next year
- Revenues are expected to continue to grow at an annual rate of 12.00% over the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment – I don’t buy stocks because everyone else is buying, but I realize that if big companies and investors sell a stock, it’s hard to make money against it. running :
- Wall Street analysts have 2 strong buy opinions on the stock
- Analysts give average price targets as of 10:00 p.m.
- Individual investors following the action on Motley Fool voted 14 to 0 for the stock to beat the market, with more experienced investors voting 1 to 0 for the same result.
- 750 investors watch the stock on Seeking Alpha
Summary of assessments
Electrical components and equipment
2582 out of 4667
Classified in the sector
353 out of 615
Ranked in the industry
33 out of 59
Quantitative ratings beat the market »